Sunday, January 24, 2010

Introductions: Field II

...and I'm back from a fun and exciting winter break and ready to start my Field II blog! For those just joining this blog, I'm Ken, and just for a brief background (you can find my full background in this post) I have been surrounded by teaching my entire life. Both of my parents are teachers and before I ever attended public school I was, literally, raised in a classroom. I've always enjoyed school and education and I simply want to share the excitement of teaching with others.

My experience in Intro to Teaching simply got me more excited and pumped for teaching. There wasn't a moment that I didn't enjoy, although I was, and still kinda am, nervous about teaching lessons, and how successful it will be, but I'm slowly getting my feet wet in the field, and getting more comfortable in the classroom (but you still gotta keep on your toes around those students or course, they do outnumber you 20 to 1)!! So I'm ready to get back out there to gain more experience (and confidence) and learn as much as I can!

Also, I recently attended a teacher's development session where they mentioned these interactive learning blocks called "siftables". I thought they could work as an interesting learning too:

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Ken! I join you in being eager to learn more and build my confidence levels. I look forward to reading you blogs this semester and learning from your experiences.

    ReplyDelete